Wednesday, July 29, 2009

BlogPost: an update


Some more work done on BlogPost.. (but yet to package, sorry)

Changes:
  • Changed GUI a bit to faciliate easy of use..
  • Basic Formatting is now supported (not fully though, see screenshots)
  • Ability to include links (pictures not yet supported)
  • Label/tags are supported
  • Offline blogging (saving drafts locally and editing later)
  • Ability to remember login information
Note:
If you are a frequent blogger, let me know which of the features you would use the most and if that is missing (ofcourse difficult to figure out from the screenshot and limited information). Remember, the goal is to provide a simple, easy to use client that allows to blog quickly .

2 comments:

Vijesh said...

Out of curiosity!
- Are you implementing an editor on your own! Or reusing any of the rich text editors? Since for me justifying text is something I mandate to all my posts.

- Spell check?

- Post date/time, in case I want to make a scheduled post like in Blogger

- Allow/disallow comments options!

Suresh said...

@Vijesh: I'm not reusing any of the existing ones, that's why I'm choosy on options being provided.. ;-). But, yes justifying text is something I think is widely used..

Spell check is also a required one (not sure whether I'll be able to complete it for 0.1)

The other options too sounds like widely used ones, again I might not get time to finish it soon.

Thanks for providing the feedback. I have added the items to the TODO list..